Saturday, July 25, 2015

To And Fro

     Ahhhh, my second post for the day. I will admit, it feels nice to actually be writing again. Granted, I'm not the best at it, and I'm still getting used to put everything out there for anybody to read, however; this challenge is really helping me to open up and to see things in a different light. My goodness did I need that!


     This post was actually a little challenging because it has to do with something that I typically don't think about, well....really ever. I guess I truly have never thought it about much. Today's gratitude post is about transportation. Transportation??  What in the world?! I guess I always took it for granted because it's just there. I've never not been able to get where I needed to get to. 


     I'm obviously going to start with the most obvious.  Walking!!!  The ability to use my legs to get to where I need to go. Like I said, I've never really thought about it because it's never been an issue for me. With that being said, I could not imagine not having that ability, and my heart truly breaks for the people who aren't able to use their legs. Of course, they have amazing capabilities out there to get you from place to place, wheelchairs, prosthetics, what have you. I can honestly say that this is something that I will pay more attention to. Something that I NEED to pay more attention to.


     Your body is your vessel. I know that when you're growing up you hear your family preach to you how important it is that you take care of your body because you only get one. "Be sure to eat healthy, be sure you exercise, be sure you take care of yourself!"  And it's so SO true!  I guess the older you get, the more you realize it. I need to start taking more time out of my day to treat myself better. After all, I want to be around for my kids, my grand kids, and if I'm lucky, my great grand kids.


     Not only am I thankful for my ability to walk, but I am also thankful for the many other ways there are to get to and fro. Could you even begin to imagine how you would feel if you were able to see the first car made and working?  The first airplane to fly?  The ability to get us from one state to another, let alone one country to another??  UNBELIEVABLE!!  Technology can truly be amazing!


     Whatever mode of transportation you are thankful for, be sure to utilize it, and be sure to be thankful for the little ways you can travel. The walking, running, skipping, jumping. Be thankful that the good Lord has blessed us with so many abilities to use our bodies and our brains for anything we feel that we can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment