Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Nature

     Well, here I am on what's supposed to be day 2 of my blog challenge and I've already managed to skip a day. However, I do have a good excuse for it because I've been in and out of the emergency room for the past three days, so I do apologize about not keeping up as well as I said I was going to!  If I even have any readers to apologize to!  Ha!


     So back to my post....I'm going to be talking about why I am grateful for nature. First off, what is NOT to be grateful about nature!  I have honestly been paying more attention to my surroundings and taking in the sights I see daily that I typically take for granted.


     I would have to say that my favorite thing to do in the spring, summer, and fall in Wisconsin is to take my morning cup of coffee and sit on my back porch and watch the birds, rabbits, squirrels, turkeys, and occasionally, deer, in my back yard. Its so peaceful and calming to my soul. I secretly  love to watch the red tailed hawks and the eagles soar up in that beautiful morning sky. It makes me feel so free.


     I know I didn't say that I love sitting out there in the winter, but I mean, do you really blame me?!  Who wants to sit outside in negative degree weather! ;)  However, I do enjoy the winter as well. I love how the cold weather makes me want to grab a warm mug of cider or tea and snuggle on the couch with my family with my fireplace going. Or I love watching a light snow fall on a crisp winter day. I am also certainly not opposed to the occasional raging snowstorm that keeps us stranded for a few days as well. The glitter of a new snow as the sun hits it in just the right way. I adore that...after all, I do love things that are sparkly!


     I think if you look, and you don't even have to look hard, there are numerous things you can be grateful for in nature every single day. Mother nature has given us a fantastic portrait to view that changes daily. It's just a reminder that this great big planet we live on is something that can make us smile in the hardest of days if we just look long enough.

2 comments:

  1. Brian always teases me saying that I will be reincarnated as a bird, if that happens lol. ;) I could get lost watching them fly. There is something so liberating about the way the fly. I can't wait to come visit and have some coffee on your back porch too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am terrified of birds, but I LOVE watching them soar!

    ReplyDelete