Monday, July 20, 2015

Home

     I have decided that I am going to be more on top of my blogging. It's been over a year since I have last posted, and I LOVE writing!  There is no reason that I should let life distract me of 15 minutes of my day to write my feelings.


     I have decided to do a blog challenge on things I'm grateful for. I feel like it will help me with my outlook on life, which hasn't been the greatest lately, and make me appreciate everything a little bit more.  I also feel that it will help me expand on my writing because that has grown a little rusty.  And I'm so lucky to have such an amazing friend that is going to do the challenge along with me!  She is such a brilliant writer, and I cannot wait to read her posts because she is such an influential person to me.


     My first post is going to be about "Home".  Home to me means many different things, or places. I know that I will always consider where my parents are to be "home". I currently live a few hours away from my parents and the town I grew up in. I am lucky enough to live close enough to be able to drive back and visit whenever I like though. There is something about that little area of Wisconsin that brings joy to me. Even though it's just a little area, that isn't very populated and doesn't really have a whole lot to do, it holds such a dear place in my heart. And I know that that feeling is associated with my family.


     I come from a family that is very tight knit. So close in fact, it almost feels like we are more like siblings than cousins. We sure do fight like we are siblings anyway (ha ha ha!), but we are there for each other no matter what. I know I can come back to this area and feel at home always.


     Home also means to me, wherever my husband and my two amazing children are. With my husbands job, we tend to move frequently. In fact, where we are now is the longest we have been anywhere, and it's only been 2.5 years!  People ask me a lot if moving is hard on us, on the kids?  Sure it is, moving is hard on anybody. With that being said, it also brings us experiences that we otherwise would not have had.  It has introduced us to some of the most amazing people we have ever met. It has given my children and myself the chance to see different cultures and experience new things. That is something we will not get back.


     So if you ask me what "home" means to me, I guess I would have to say that it's not so much as a place as a feeling. And I am beyond grateful that I can feel "home" in numerous places because of the family and friends that I have and have met along the way in the crazy life of mine!



No comments:

Post a Comment